Appomattox River Landscapes is one of the only companies in Central Virginia that is Certified in Landscape Design that also provides installation and maintenance services. Once your design becomes reality, if you are like most of our customers, you will find yourself spending more time outdoors, enjoying what we have worked together to create. The possibilities of how you can use your landscape are endless.
Our designs concentrate on sustainability, low-maintenance, and being environmentally friendly. Our objective is to design and install a landscape that will serve your needs for many years to come with minimal maintenance.
Making your landscape ideas a reality involves only a few simple steps.
Step One – Initial consultation to discuss your needs and ideas.
Each household is different and so is its needs. We begin by asking questions to determine what you need from your landscape, including some of the following:
- Are there any privacy issues that need to be addressed?
- Do you need a patio or special area for entertaining guests outdoors?
- Is there any water drainage or erosion issue that needs to be solved?
- Do the driveway and walkways need to be altered to better facilitate vehicular and pedestrian access to and around the property?
- Are there any special colors, textures, plants, or other materials you particularly like or dislike?
- Do you need any special structures such as play equipment for children (or grandchildren), a small shed for storing a lawnmower or garden tools, etc.?
- Are there any pets or small children who need a contained outdoor space to play in?
Step Two – Analysis of your property and existing landscape.
Next, your personal ideas for your landscape, your home and the shape and contour of your property are the second biggest influence on the design. Our analysis factors in such things as drainage issues, protection against harsh winds, and concealment of unsightly structures.
Step Three – Presentation of your completed landscape design for approval.
At this point, we will give you a detailed design complete with graphics for your property. We will also show you pictures of plants and other landscape aspects that appear in the design so you can get the full picture. We make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the design, which sometimes means making some minor changes before final approval, but that is all part of tailoring your design for your home.
Are You Ready?
A planned landscape is what every home needs to make it more comfortable and enjoyable. You will never regret investing in your home and landscape. It will always serve you as a relaxing outdoor retreat, your friends will admire it, and it will raise the value of your property. So why wait? Contact us today to get started.